Director - Media Planning & Buying
Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale), Colorado or Remote
Dirt Road Travels is looking for a Director of Media Planning & Buying t to help implement, optimize and report on digital media buys for DRT and our partner businesses across the US. You'll be helping to strategize and execute advertising campaigns and you'll be tasked with providing actionable campaign insights to inform optimization programs for current buys and influence our strategy for future buys.
You have a superior understanding of digital tactics including social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and organic/paid SEO, including Google AdWords and have a solid understanding of traditional non-digital marketing tactics including TV, Radio, OOH and Print.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Create, launch and maintain ad campaigns across digital, supporting a variety of tourism boards across the US
- Monitor and optimize existing media campaigns for tourism boards and partner businesses
- Provide media recommendations, including owner/vendor relationships and manage RFPs
- Collaborate closely with DRT's broader marketing organization to distribute best practices and drive compelling messaging for our partner cities
- Determine the best use of multi-channel media mix including digital, social outlets to meet our/partner goals and objectives - using constant optimization practices with all vendors and tactics
- Misc. reporting tasks, including billing, invoicing and campaign reconciliation
- Analytical: You can interpret campaign performance and pace against budget, all to provide recommendations re: optimization
- Independent: Can operate with limited oversight and can make decisions and execute in a fast-paced work environment
- Hard-Working: You get a sense of pride from working hard and beating expectations
- Experienced. You know digital and social buys and have managed $MM+ budgets
- Organized: You can manage multiple projects at once
- Communicative: You have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Team-Oriented: You work well with others and are eager to lead a team
ABOUT DIRT ROAD TRAVELS
We build travel guides and associated media for tourism boards across the country. Then, we work directly with tourism boards and their ad agencies to help place media buys across digital and social, targeting millennial travelers pre-trip, all with the goal of driving visits.
- It's a paid position
- DRT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and genetics
If you're interested in the role, send an introductory email to email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us a bit about yourself and recommending a few 'can't miss' spots in your hometown. Note, we're looking to fill this role beginning Q2 '18.