Nate and I added a new teammate (hey, Jess!) and set off for Stanley, Idaho, with stops for gas and Taco Bell in Rock Springs and a night camping under the stars, alongside 'Watch Out for Rattlesnakes!' signs in Firehole Canyon outside of Green River, Wyoming.
The Milky Way over Wyoming
Deep Thoughts with @nateinthewild
- "I'm so excited to be going to Alaska with Sony. I wonder what their stance is on harpooning seals for dinner?"
- "If you drive west fast enough, it will never be night time."
- "Do you think I should be careful taking photos in Alaska because of global warming? I don't want to melt any glaciers with all my bangers."
- [On seeing birds flying through wind turbines.] "Evolution dictates that 500 years from now, we'll have crows and sparrows doing vector calculus so they don't get hit."
- "'I'm basically Jonathan Taylor Thomas.' Jess: 'Do you really think that?' Nate: 'No, I guess not. Maybe that's why I'm single at 30.'"
- "I found a campsite that's called Firehole Canyon. Ironically, that was also the name of my first porno."